Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wilderness

I have been seeing a lot lately about journeys through the wilderness. I will tell you that I truly don't get it - not yet anyway.
Sure I do understand that it is a journey. But why call it the wilderness? Is it because the wilderness can be so hard and tough and that may just be what is happening to you? Is it because the wilderness can be a dark lonely place where you may struggle?
Then I start to wonder if my journey that I am on is one that is through the wilderness. I just read the actual word "wilderness" in the bible, but they were going through the desert.
Is it just me? I really am not picking that one up.
Just the fact that it keeps coming up makes me think that God is wanting me to learn about this. I take it day by day and research it, yet to no avail. Oh well, keep searching - right?
Just useless rambling....

1 comment:

James Goudie said...

When I think of the word wilderness I think about the unknown. Sure you kind of know what is out there, but you don't know what will happen.