Saturday, March 19, 2005

Someone is reading my mind

I just bought the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. A few people I know have purchased it the last couple days. The first line of the first chapter was "It's not all about you." I was like, ok you've got my attention and I had to buy it. I felt drawn to it.
So then the first line of the second chapter is "You are not an accident." HELLO!! I have always thought I was. Always thought that there must be some mistake why I am here. The book is in my head. AHHHH!!!
There is a poem in the second chapter by Russell Kelfer that I would like to share with you.

You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that in his likeness you would grow.

You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!"
(p. 25-26)

1 comment:

shari said...

This is an amazing book. It is being purchased and read by believers and non-beleivers!!!!! People are so hungry to find purpose, no longer content to drift through life.