Monday, March 28, 2005

A Little Lighter

I feel a little lighter today. This morning I quit Value Village. I got rid of one of the biggest stresses in my life. My husband told me that I would never return there - he was right. My friend told me that I can't return there - she was right. Michelle told me that it would be better if I never returned - she was right.
I was very scared. Scared that my ex-boss (man that feels good to say) would make me feel like crap like usual. Scared that I would walk out of there feeling insignificant.
My ex-boss was pretty good about it. She told me to take care of myself. I got to get my belongings. Still doesn't mean I would start liking it there.
I handed it over to God once again. I start my new job on Thursday. My husband has been so supportive.
I walked out of Value Village feeling pretty good about it. As I was walking I took a deep breath and let it out. I felt like there was a string attached to the base of my neck and as I breathed out I felt myself straighten. I felt a burden lifted. I felt a little lighter.
Is that what trusting God feels like? Is that what it feels like to hand it over to Him and put it in His hands? Is that what it feels like when I let go?
I feel that God has been working on this area of my life for a while lately. I think He is done. It is time to go onto the next chapter. That door is closed. There are a few things God has me working on lately. I am thinking that if this is the outcome it may not be so bad.
He is trying to help me let go of things and I am holding them back with a tight fist and fighting Him. What would happen if I let Him just take it all and lift it all from me? How much easier would it be to stand with my head held high without things pulling me further and further to the ground.
If this is what it feels like to get rid of burdens then I think it is about time I let God take them from me.

Thank you God for walking me through. Thank you for helping me to stand a little straighter and feel a little lighter. Help me to deal with all these other burdens. Help me to rid them all so that I may become fully yours with no restrictions. Thank you God for persevering and sticking to it when I ran away. Thank you Lord. In your precious name I pray. AMEN.

No comments: