Friday, February 04, 2005

Calling

I just read James' blog about Every sheep needs the Shepherd. One quote really stood out for me.
"If you are one of His sheep, He knows you by name. He goes ahead of you and calls you to follow Him. He will lead you if you listen to His voice. 'He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out' (John 10:3)"
Hmmmmmmmmmm................
I have been struggling lately wanting to hear God's voice like so many others do. I think I may be starting to understand. Could the events that happened this week have been God talking to me? Could He be the one that is guiding me to people I meet and the steps I am trying to take? I'm not too sure, but I like to think that maybe God is directing me and maybe I am starting to listen. I was expecting some kind of loud beaming voice. But could it be that this is how God comes to me, as a quiet voice instide my head and I just haven't been listening? I seem to have more questions rather than answers but it will come right? I am asking for God to come to me and I am wanting to understand. I want to trust that He has the timing figured out and that everything will work but my stubborn ego gets in the way and then I start to stress out. Lord help me to understand.

2 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

yup - its God leading you to people and places..
that's how much He loves you.

Michelle said...

I think Gods voice is usually soft and gentle, leading us in the right direction, not yelling and screaming(although that happens too!!) It's hard sometimes to hear it but if you listen long and hard it is always there.