Friday, February 25, 2005

So Close...Yet Again.

Darn it!! You ever feel like you are so close, you can taste it - only to have it torn away? Yeah - sucks.
I had a second interview today and I had lots of prayers going out for me. I just got the phone call that I didn't get it. They are going to try someone else, and if they don't work out then they would give me a call. I asked them to keep my resume on file and they said that they may have a spot opening in a month or so. I thanked them for the opportunity and for meeting with me. So that's it.
Funny thing though. I gave it over to God and I told Him that if it is His will then to "let" me get this job. I guess it wasn't His will. I'm not mad at God, or at myself. I am not mad at anyone for that matter. God will put me somewhere that is just right for me when the timing is right. So maybe the timing isn't right yet. I still need to figure some things out, I guess. No matter how deep I try to bury them. I think that I am kinda sitting here in shock. I am sure that I will be upset, who wouldn't? Then at the same time I do realize that this seems to not be something God had in store for me. I just wish that I knew what His plans were. I guess it wouldn't be a very interesting life though if I knew exactly what He wanted. Then we would just be coasting along, maybe not even getting to know God as much as we would.
I know that if it wasn't for the events that have unfolded over the last few months, I truly believe that I wouldn't know God as much as I do today.
So, it wasn't in His book for me, not yet. I guess it is time to just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do next...

No comments: