Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Street Church

So I have been procrastinating on doing a post. I don't know why, just have.

Sunday was my first time at street church. I want to keep going as well. It was awesome. I met a lot of people. Didn't know their stories but at that time I didn't care. I just tried to treat them how I wanted to be treated. I don't dance. If you know the scared me, you know that I know that I can't dance and I can be stubborn and not want to dance. For some reason that went out the window. Susy and Tysey started it. So I thought, what the heck, and got up. Yeah I was nervous knowing that people were watching us, but I ended up having fun. I was smiling so much that my cheeks were hurting. I haven't smiled or had that much fun in a long time. They were true smiles. I think that I ended up dancing the whole night too. That is something I don't do. For one night my fears and problems all disappeared and I was who I used to be. The fun, way too overly bubbly, person.
I looked around and saw a lot of people sitting. So I went and got people up to dance. Shirley, Uncle Herman, and others. It was fun. Shirley had a big smile on her face. Uncle Herman thanked me. It felt good.
Others I just sat with and talked. It was wonderful. It was a community. No matter what your problems were, people were there with smiles on their faces having fun.
I got to get to know James and Neil as well. They were a lot of fun too.
I want to go again. I will go again. What an awesome thing to be apart of.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Street church is awesome..I am glad you have discovered it too.

James Goudie said...

cool, glad you had a good time.

Melody said...

i'm so glad you were there. it was alot of fun. see you there next time!!!!