Saturday, February 12, 2005

Favorite Places

I think I have found a favorite place to be with God. I sit on the grass, my back against the tree and listen to worship. The sun warms me and wraps around me while the wind whips through my hair and that is when I feel God the most. I draw, I write and sometimes I even just stop and look around. I even took my bible and read. The other day while at my favortie spot I think God was talking to me. Look what I have done. This is why you are here and I choose for you to share in my glory. I want you to enjoy this. I want you to see my love.
I sat there, silent. Listening. Wanting and longing to trust God. I have a problem with trust. Once you have been hurt, no matter how many years ago, you tend not to trust again. Who can you trust? I can trust God and those He is putting into my life.
I love my quiet little spot and I do want to show people and have them experience it with me. No matter how many people walk by, I don't care. I am with God and He is making time for me. Sometimes while I am listening to the songs I just want to get up and sing, stretch my arms out to Him and show that I am opening to Him. I am slowing down. I am trying to stop running. I hope that everyone can find their own spot.
It was only a few months ago that if I were to sit there I don't think it would hit me that this is God and that this is His love. Now as I grow in Jesus and I build my foundation, on rock, I can see. The world doesn't seem as murky. When I am in my spot I don't let myself think about all my stress and all my worries. For a moment, no matter how brief, I am God's and only His. Loved endlessly.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I was thinking about you the other day and came up with a theory. I know you've been down lately, stressed out and dealing with life, but I've also been watching you get closer to God, really reaching out and working on your relationship with him. Sometimes people have to hit bottom before they get out of their rut and REALLY find God on a whole new level. You had to slow down before you could hear him!!! Everything happens for a reason, although only God really knows why, maybe you had to get low before he could lift ou up??

Miss-buggy said...

I am really enjoying the journey of getting closer to God. It fills my heart with pride and it makes me giddy just thinking of it. I just need to get the doubt and the pride out of the way to truley engulf it.

Dre Legit said...

Hi- my names' Andrea and I stumbled across your blog. I really liked what you've said in some of your blogs. I know this song, that I thought you may or may not like (and I know this is super-random, cause you don't know me) and it goes like this...


The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your lap
Lay back against you and breathe
Feel your heartbeat.
This love is so deep
It's more than I can stand
I melt in your peace
It's overwhelming...

Just keep pressing in and pressing on...

Mandy said...

I agree with Michelle, Misty. I've been there so many times. And it's the process of being picked up and held in His magestic arms that make being down in the dirt so worth it. He loves and adores you and I can guarantee is truly enjoying every minute with you. May God continue to shower you with His cleansing rain. Love you lots!