Saturday, February 05, 2005

Slowly Starting to Understand

I think that over the last few days I am slowly starting to understand what is happening. Is this God speaking to me? I found lately that when I finally get to sleep I end up waking up with something on my brain. Like I did with Deuteronomy. I am coming along with that book - ever so slowly and I think I know what I need to read after I am done. I am getting these things in my head and I don't know why. Sometimes I don't even know where they came from. Like this morning I woke up with part of a song in my head and I wrote it down. I don't even know if I have the words right but these are them:
Freedom reigns in this place
Showers of mercy and grace
Falling on every face
There is freedom.
I wonder what it means? Here I go, getting all technical and must figure out why it was in my head. So do I need to share it? I don't know but I did anyway.
So the way I have figured it these last couple of days is that maybe God does speak to me when I am sleeping because that is the only time I shut up long enough to hear him. It is the only time I won't argue back or second guess what He is saying. There are no other thoughts that are clouding his voice. So yeah I think I amslowly starting to understand.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom.
Lift your eyes to Heaven, there is Freedom.
If you're tire and thirsty, there is Freedom.
Give your ALL to Jesus, there is Freedom.

You are on the right track Misty. Nothing can be done in this life without God's help. And He knows the best way to communicate with us, whether it be a whisper in the wind, a dream, a smile on a child's face, or a word from a friend or in Scripture. You are loved. You are valuable. You are unique. There is no one else like you, nor has there ever been. And that is EXACTLY what God wanted. A version of Himself in you that He can call all His own. Be blessed today! Love you lots!

Miss-buggy said...

Thanks Mandy. I needed that. I like that song. I am trying to find as many of the songs we sing in church so I can have them at home too. Good to hear from you. You are so wise and I am glad our paths cross.