Saturday, February 05, 2005

Kids

I was just thinking about my neice and how much I love kids. I always have and always will. I pretty well understand them and I love being a Sunday School teacher. Their little faces are so innocent and they are not corrupted yet by todays society. I am scared to bring up kids now and am glad that I am not a mom just yet with everything going on. I watch my best friends raise my little niece and I admire them. I am also scared for her. Scared for the bullies at school and whenever I hear guns outside my apartment in the middle of the night I worry about all the children that end up getting caught in it.
My niece has unconditional love and doesn't know what hate is. She lights me up when she looks at me and gives me a big beautiful smile. When I talk to her she knows my voice and she knows who I am. It makes me feel special. I can be having a bad day and she just smiles at me, not knowing what is going on and for a brief moment I know that all is right in her little world. I can't wait until she can call me aunty and she can talk with me. I really think that we have a special bond already without the words and I can't wait to see how it is when she can talk to me. This is what unconditional love is and it feels wonderful. I know how God feels when He looks at me and that no matter the mistakes I may make, and I do, He still loves me unconditionally. I just need to start remembering moments like this when my world seems to spin upside down. When you are all confussed and flustered you tend to want to hide, and I do. I am so glad to be His child and I hope that I will remember that in my lonliest moments.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yes, Payton loves her Aunty, and so does her Mommy.