Sunday, February 20, 2005

Discounting Christ?

Okay I think now I have seen everything. I am reading "The complete idiot's guide to the bible". They must have an "idiot's" book for everything...
I came across something rather interesting.

How many of us out there know what b.c. and a.d. means? Well take all that knowledge and throw it out the window. If you are like me, you knew that b.c. meant before Christ and, that a.d. means anno domini, year of our lord. (although I always referred to it as meaning after death).
Did you know that "they" have changed that? They no longer use b.c. instead they are now using B.C.E. which means before common era and instead of a.d. they are using C.E. which is standing to mean common era.

I am getting somewhere here (I think)....

What I am mainly trying to get at is what is our world coming to? Are we so afraid of the truth that we have to change what had been common ground for centuries, just so we are "politically correct"? We can't even say merry Christmas anymore because it may offend other religions and those that don't believe. Easter holiday... it's still Easter, as far as I know, but it is not celebrating Jesus' death and resurrection, it is celebrating the bunny and the chocolate. (Nothing wrong with celebrating chocolate).
It is becoming a common thing to try to discount the birth of Christ. Why? Fear? I feel that it is a fear that people posses of God because they don't understand and rather than learning the truth, it is dismissed. So let's push it out of our lives and hide the fact. People may say that they don't believe in Jesus or God but yet they believe in Hell. How can you believe in one and not the other? Are they afraid to admit that someone else is actually in control of their lives other than themselves? Little do people realize. No matter how much people may not believe in Christ and discount the fact that Jesus was sent to earth for us, they still cry out to Him when they are in trouble. They blame God when things go wrong but don't praise Him when things are going wonderful. Fear is a big thing in a lot of lives. I must admit that I do have fear for things as well. But not for who controls my life. I have free will but God has the book and the pen.
"In God We Trust" is on the American bills, but we can't say merry Christmas? Our laws and rules are based on the original ten commandments but we no longer refer to the years as B.C. and A.D. ?

What are they going to think of next? This is obviously an ongoing battle but we know who will truly win. God. If we don't back down and let the rules of being "politically correct" control us then we know how blessed our lives will be.
So God bless all of you. Each and everyone. May He open the eyes of the lost. He will wait patiently and provides us with the knowledge of the truth.

It's just funny how society and governments think that changing a few words to remove any fact that Christ exists and that He was born for us and died for us would remove the truth. You can run and hide, erase anything but the "truth will set you free". There is no hiding the truth, it will always comes out one way or another. I am proud to be a Christian and growing in Christ and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world.

4 comments:

MUD said...

Read my blog profile under fave books http://robdeyo.blogspot.com/

Miss-buggy said...

That sounds like an interesting book Rob!

Scott said...

yup and jesus was born 5 BC, before christ. in july of course, when all truly amazing babies are...

Miss-buggy said...

So, I take it you're a July baby too? So does that make me amazing?? July 4