Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Interview

Today I had an interview for a secretary position. I will know Friday whether or not I get short-listed and then re-interviewed.
I was nervous.
I found myself doing something I had done before, but never truly believed it within my heart. This time I believed.

Before going to the interview I prayed,
"God I give this all over to you because I know that if it is your will it will happen. Please give me the strength to be the woman that you love and be myself so they can see what You see. I trust you Lord and I am giving it all over to You."
Like I said, I have prayed along these lines before but never believed it. I would say amen and then still worry about what the outcome would be. Today I found myself going into that office with my head held high, knowing that only God knows what will happen and if it is His will I will get the job. If I don't then He has something better in His plans for me. I realized, I am receiving prayer for this, I have prayed for it so there really is no sense worrying about it - right? Little Miss Worry Wart was thrown aside and I let God take it. Something like a calm came across me and I knew that it was in good hands and there truly was no point being scared. I could be scared but I needed to trust God.
I came home and wanted to crawl into bed. Not because the interview went poorly, I thought it went well, but because I am so used to hiding, but I told myself 'no' and will not go back into that room where the nice, comfy bed is calling me....
I can sit here and worry and worry to the point where I make myself sick and want to crawl away and hide. Why though? Tomorrow will still come, today will still continue. I can't change what God has given me and what He has in store for me - right?
It's not the end of the world if I don't get the job because I have other things that will help me out in the long run lined up. It would just be a pleasant beginning.
I always wanted out of my old job and I was angry that I wasn't getting anywhere. I blamed God. Now I am on EI and am working things out. I guess He answered me, just not the way I wanted. I don't blame Him anymore. I love Him more everyday. I am learning what it is like to be His. It feels so awesome.
I gave it over to God today and I feel a sense of calm. Sure the worry is there but I am not alone. He keeps His arms wrapped around me so tight that I know I am in a safe place.
I will continue to pray that this job is what God wants of me and if it is His will I will get it. That is the best thing to do right? The power of prayer is unbeatable. Never give up.
A couple of verses are seeming to speak to me here:

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares about you." 1Pet. 5:7

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isa. 40:31

"therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Mt. 6:34

So. I hope in the Lord and put all my anxiety and fears into His hands. I don't want to worry and I trust you oh, Lord. It is in your hands Lord and there is nothing I can do except speak with you because you hear me. Lord take me into your arms and come completely into my heart. I give this all over to you.

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

amen!

Sue said...

WOW! AMEN!

Mandy said...

I'm so proud of you Misty!!!